Dear Fellow Bus Passengers,
You know what? It's 36 degrees Celsius today, that's 96.8 Fahrenheit. I am dressed completely in black, I was just at a funeral and want to get home. I had to walk 30 minutes, in all black, in the heat, to get to the bus stop - I just missed the bus, and because we are in the boondocks, this bus only comes once ever 45 minutes. So I have now been sitting in the heat, in all black, with my purse and a bag of groceries for 45 minutes. I get on the un-air-conditioned bus - finally - for my 35 minute trip back into town, just so I can transfer buses for another 30 minute bus ride home. I'm sweating my ass off, I'm grumpy, I'm hot, and my bag of groceries is not light. The bus isn't full, but there are are large number of you sitting on the OUTSIDE seat - so noone can sit with you. The people who are nice enough to sit on the inside seat all have people sitting with them. Now, normally, I would just stand next to one of you and say excuse me while rolling my eyes to get you to move over. But at this point, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my sh*t on someone, so I just stand there quietly. At this point, an elderly lady asks me if I want her seat because my bag looks heavy. I thank her very much but say no - she needs to sit down - while doing this I look at all the 15 year old boys not sharing their seats - nothing.
You know what people? Have a little consideration. If you don't want to sit with people, stand the f*ck up and let TWO people sit in your spot. If you're tired and need to sit - move the f*ck over and suffer the bus ride with someone sitting next to you. It's f*cking hot, I'm tired, I'm holding stuff so I can't hold onto the rail and we are on a moving bus, it's a long ride - MOVE THE F*CK OVER!!! Even if I am the ONLY person on the bus - I ALWAYS sit against the wall and put my bag on my lap so people can sit with me. Get with the program people!




Selfishness isn't very attractive, is it?! Glad YOU did the right thing and let the older woman keep her seat.
ReplyDeleteOh, the joys of public transportation! We rode the "L" alot on our recent vacation in Chicago. Yea, I like my car WAY better.
Stopping over from SITS Saturday Sharefest!
People are so rude and selfish these days. If we'd all just be kind to one other person, life would be a so much better. I don't get it either!
ReplyDelete