Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy I'm Not Single

Have I said lately I am SO HAPPY I AM NOT SINGLE?!?!??!?!
I was in Noodlebox tonight (does everyone have a Noodlebox or is it local?)...Anyway, I was in Noodlebox getting some dinner for my husband and I; I had already ordered and was just sitting waiting for our food to be ready. In walks this adorable girl - wearing a knee length cranberry wool coat with matching flats, blonde super curly hair and pulled up and super cute natural make up, and her, what I am sure, is a very early in the relationship date. They both seem to be in their early twenties.
Him: Is THIS where you want to eat?
Her: YES! I LOVE it here!!!
Him: It's noodles (then very loudly) OH MY GOD IT'S $11.00 NOODLES!!!! $11.00 FOR NOODLES!?!?!?
Her: (Blushing) well it's not just noodles - see you get to choose a noodle, veggies, meat/tofu, and a sause - and it's just $11.00 - no tax or anything added
Him: This isn't what I had in mind - I brought $20.00 I can't afford to pay for two of these
Now, I'm thinking - where the hell are you gonna buy two meals for $20.00? McDonalds?
Needless to say they each paid for their own - he complained about the price. He was confused about the different kinds of noodles - he went for hot (they have a spice chart mild, mild + mild/medium, medium, medium+...) I can handle hot... I have no problem with spice... but medium is as high as I go, and medium is quite hot. The lady at the counter explained that hot is VERY hot... no no, he could handle it.
He was chocking and coughing and eyes watering, then threw a fit - got all upset, yelled at the cooks, yelled at the girl at the counter and left...
walked out...
LEFT HIS DATE THERE
Alone!!!!
I told her she's better off....
She agreed.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Noodlebox, but it sounds fabulous! I love noodles! That poor girl... I would've told her the exact same thing. I'm recently single and I dread dating again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. Sometimes when my single friends start dating and they are so excited and have butterflies I miss it a bit - but that fades quickly lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol whats bet that diva guy will be single FOREVER! haha ive never had a guy act like that lol

    ReplyDelete