Monday, August 3, 2009

Alice In Wonderland




Who is excited for Alice In Wonderland?
I love Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, as well as Anne Hathaway. I am very excited for this movie. I am interested to see Tim Burton's take on it. He always does such a great job with movies.
When I was younger Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorites books and movies (the cartoon). It wasn't until I was a bit older that I realized how strange it actually was... But, I still love it.

Other movies I want to see:
Julie and Julia
500 Days of Summer
We have gone to a lot of movies lately:

Transformers (The new one - I don't know what it's called) - it was good. A lot of Megan Fox running around in a tank top. But it was a good action movie.
The Hangover - I cannot say enough good things about this movie. Oh man. You can tell by the ads that its a funny movie. You cannot truely appreciate how funny this movie is until you see it. It is so much better then the ads let on...

Harry Potter (I think its the Half Blood Prince) - I enjoyed this one. I don't know what it is about Harry Potter - but I never got into them. I don't know if it's because they are childrens books or if there was too much hype around them. But I didn't really love the movies - never read the books. I did enjoy this movie though. My future husband loves Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, so I always get dragged to these movies with no real desire to go.
Star Trek - I could have done without this movie. I enjoy Zack Quinto - but I like him as Sylar - not as Spock. This movie was VERY long - I didn't know what was going on half the time. I could have gone without seeing it.

Ice Age 3D - Naturally I loved this movie. The 3D wasn't great 100% of the time. There was some blurry stuff - but over all ... SO GOOD!

UP - this was an awesome movie as well. Very sad. Much sadder then I thought it would be. More sad.. not sadder.

What do you guys think of this Twilight stuff? I know not ALL the books are called Twilight - but that's what I call them all. I read all 4 books. I thought the first one was good - but you could definitely see some childish points in there? You could definitely see that it was written for teens, but it was still pretty good overall. I didn't like the other 3 as much but I read them all the same.

I enjoyed the Twilight movie for the most part. Again, some very cheesy childish parts. But overall it was good. I will see the others.

I had never actually heard of Twilight until the movie was coming out. Everyone at my work was reading the books and passing them around. I wanted to join in the conversations so I read them. That is how I was introduced to them. I don't think the movies or the books would have interested me otherwise.



Have you seen any good movies, read any good books lately?

2 comments:

  1. I never would have read the Twilight series if my friends hadn't been gushing about it forever. I'm do glad I broke down - I'm obsessed with the books now!

    ReplyDelete