Sunday, January 24, 2010

Everyday Minerals Eyeshadow Review

I want to start this post with an apology. I cannot, for the life of me, get a good picture that can do these eyeshadows justice.

I know in the PAST that I didn't give Everyday Minerals a great review. I stand by that review. Everyday Minerals mineral foundation does not work for my skin. Its patchy and does not stay on my oily areas. I really wanted to love it - but didn't. I did however, want to try their eyeshadows. I have to say - this review will be much more positive!!

The picture below (again, sorry for the poor quality) are swatches of four eyeshadows, and one blush. The top row is all of the colours wet, the second row is all the colours on bare skin, and the third row is all of the colours on NYX Cottage Cheese Jumbo Stick.
*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

The first colour on the far left is a colour called Shopping Spree.
Shopping Spree is described by Everyday Minerals as a deep plum pearlescent shade with emerald green sparkles. It really is a beautiful colour that changes with every change of light. Sometimes it looks quite green, sometimes a plummy colour, sometimes a deep brown. It's really lovely. I have dark brown eyes and it really makes them look bright and even deeper if that's possible.

The next colour over is Mystic Night.

Mystic Night is described as a deep purple with dark blue undertones and shimmer galore. This one is my favorite. When it's wet, it is a really deep purple, and a lot of the shimmer goes away and it has a bit of a pearly finish. I use it wet as an eyeliner, and wow. You girls with brown eyes out there need this eyeshadow. It will make your eyes look amazing. I love it.

The next one over is Rock Anthem

Rock Anthem is described as a super romantic shade with unbelievable natural Fashion Fuchsia. This is a really lovely bright pink colour, which, I again, use wet as an eyeliner. I love it. It's really so pretty! Of course, wearing eyeshadow wet really heightens the colour, lessens the shimmer a bit but leaves it quite pearly, and makes it stay on for a long time.
Next over we have Freckles.

Freckles is described as a lovely khaki green with sexy sparkle. Again, brown eyed girls - this is a great colour for you. As with all the colours I wear it wet as a liner. It stays on well, it changes colour slightly with the light, and is really a great khaki colour.

Finally we have Waffle Cone Blush.

Waffle Cone blush is described as a light peach matte blush with a hint of pink. Um... this is not a good description at all. This is a super shimmery browny pinky peachy blush. SUPER SHIMMERY. A lot of the shimmer can be buffed away and it becomes a nice highlight colour. As with all mineral makeup - this can also be used as an eyeshadow. It is nice to use as an all over colour with one of the vibrant colours wet as a liner. Great for summer coming up!
Overall, I love all of these eyeshadows. They all have great staying power (I use them wet), they are very vibrant and have great colour pay off. I highly recommend them!! YAY EVERYDAY MINERALS!!!

*I did not get these products for free. I am not affiliated with the company in any way. I am not being paid by the company. This is my honest opinion, not a paid review*

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you did this review because I have been considering trying Everyday Minerals. I think I'll start with the shadows.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look fun! Shopping Spree looks gorgeous... I love iridescent colors! I'm going to have to try some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, thank you! That is much appreciated!

    Unfortunately I had o stop the treatement, because it was irritating my eyes, and because my lashes' lenght was starting to be irregular, and I really didn't like that.

    Some others had positive reviews though...

    ReplyDelete