Friday, September 17, 2010

Teen Mom

Why, oh why, are the kids from Teen Mom on so many magazine covers? Really... Why.... I want to know...
These are 16 year old girls that got knocked up. Is this magazine cover worthy?
Look at all the magazine covers...
And seriously, I searched for like 10 seconds... and I found ALL of these...
And why is Farrah broke? SHES ON THE COVER OF OK MAGAZINE!!! They must get some kind of money for that. They MUST! And you know what Farrah? Back in MY DAY, when 16 year old girls had kids - they studied their asses off to get their GED, and you know what else? They got their GED because they left school so they could get jobs. Full time jobs. You know what a full time job gets you? Money! So these 16 year old girls left school - studied endlessly to get GED or to challenge the final exams, they worked full time AND took care of their kids. Novel idea- I know.
Ooooh, and Maci - a new shot at love. Maybe little Maci should take it easy. Keep the ol' legs glued together for a while. Focus on herself and her baby. Just a thought.

What do you guys think about these Teen Mom's getting so much press?

6 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing when I saw all these covers. WTF? It's ridiculous. Teen-aged idiots shouldn't be on the cover of gossips magazines. Unless they're from Jersey Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a way to capitalize on the popularity of the show. But, in all honesty, I hope that the message of this show is to think twice before having children at a young age. I think they need to show how much of a struggle it is for teen moms rather than talk about how many covers these girls are on. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is sad. Hollywood definitely glorifies it. I work with so many teenage girls that are moms and they have a HARD life for certain. Very hard. It is not all smiles and happiness like we see in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look back at classic hollywood movies, the morals and themes were always good. Now we are cheering for teen mothers and serial killers to be our shining lights. We ALL need a reality check if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's ridiculous. If I'd gotten pregnant at the age of 16, I wouldn't have graced the cover of a magazine, I would've gotten an a$$ whoopin'. Lol! It's truly sad because all of these teen girls will think, hey, having a baby isn't so hard. They see this "glamorous" side when they really need to know it's a struggle.

    By the way, passing through by way of LBS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean really, who the heck knows. I also couldn't figure out why that one girl is so broke. Here's a thought, working part time at a pizza place won't cut it, maybe you should find a full time job to support your child.

    And the worst I think is the parents who put their daughter up for adoption...if you miss your child so much, stfu and let her be instead of dragging her into this kind of media spotlight.

    ReplyDelete