Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vancouver Riot Part 1 - The Riot

We had a riot. I don't live in Vancouver, I live on Vancouver Island - across the ocean from Vancouver. Thankfully, I was no where near the riots, however, I can still feel the impact on this side of the ocean.
Because I am not only Canadian, but also live in BC, this incident is very important to me. 
I will therefore be making this into a 3 part blog.
This is not the BC I know. This is not the Canada I know. The Canada I know is a peace loving, gentle place.
BC is also a place where everyone has a camera phone. I can't imagine what these people are thinking. They will, of course, have to pay the consequences to their actions. We can clearly see their faces.
I can't imagine what these poor people are thinking.
 More Heroes
 Lighting on fire and jumping on top of a Police car. Again, can clearly see everyone's faces.
A clear indication that the "mob mentality" really does exist. I don't think a lot of these people would act this way normally.
 This guy makes me incredibly angry. He just looks like an asshole
Ridiculous. I'm sad that this is the NEW impression of Canada/BC. Everyone loved us after the Olympics, and now.... we are ashamed.


1 comment:

  1. Those pictures do not represent the Canada I know, either. Unfortunately, there are drunken jerks in every country.

    ReplyDelete