Another great perk of owning a dog?
Getting outside - hitting the trails - seeing all the awesome area's around you!
Before getting a dog I walked around the city a lot - but never out in my area of town (the burbs). Now, having a dog - I spend less time walking around the city, and more time walking on trails. The first few pictures below are literally right behind my house. And really, I have never stepped foot on them before I got my dog.
This is called the Galloping Goose Trail (click the link). It is a 60KM trail going from Victoria to East Sooke, and there are tonnes of areas to come in or go off the trail. It had a double lane, so there is lots of room for people to ride their bike, run, walk their dogs... its great and BEAUTIFUL. Some of it runs a little ways off the road. I walk those area's at night in case you need to quickly get to the road for some reason - but a lot of it is in a treed area - so pretty.
These next pictures are of Ed Nixon Trail. A lot of the trail is a board walk - which is awesome for walking a dog because then they don't need to stop and sniff every piece of grass - they just walk. This boardwalk leads you to a heavily wooded area (beautiful) and then onto the lake - so awesome!
Oh, and the exercise is good :)














No comments:
Post a Comment