Saturday, April 3, 2010

Alice In Wonderland Review

My hubby FINALLY took me to see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. I have been wanting to see it since August 2009!!!

I knew the movie wasn't going to be the original Alice. I knew that it took place years later when Alice accidentally fell back down the hole. I was really really hoping that there would be a lot of stuff from the original - there was some - but not tons.

We saw this movie in 2d because it took us FOREVER to go and see it - but I can imagine it's even more amazing in 3d.

I LOVED this movie. I loved the characters. They were all really well played. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were AMAZING!!! They put so much into it and really got into their characters. I loved it.

Anne Hathaway was, of course, adorable. She did a really good job. Her character was adorable and sweet.

That leaves Alice. She was played by Mia Wasikowska. I have never seen any of the movies she's in, so I had no idea who she is or what kind of actress she is - but I loved her. She's adorable and has a beautiful face.

I loved the costumes and makeup. The dresses Alice wears are usually just ripped up pieces of her old dress or curtains or whatever they can find - and it always looks amazing. Johnny Depp's makeup was amazing! The shading and contouring was crazy and I loved it!

In case you have been living in a cave - here is the trailer. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the movie. I loved it as well! :) I highly recommend it to anyone!

    Found you on SITS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really keep meaning to see this movie, and you've made me want to see it all the more! I love Ann Hathoway, and Helene Bonham-Carter at the best of times

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really mixed reviews on this movie. Some people have liked it that have seen it, and our university newspaper totally smashed the film. I'm the kind of person who doesn't normally adopt someone's opinion as my own until I've seen it for myself, so I intent on watching this movie before making any judgments. Since it started circulating through the internet and media I thought the movie looked interesting and entertaining. Stopping by from Lady Bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was amazed at the 3D on this movie. I enjoyed the visuals and fantasy of it all.

    Stopping by from Lady Blogger Society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhh! I can't wait to see this. I think anything in 3D makes for great entertainment - and Johnny Depp too :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear this is a good movie! Johnny Depp is one of my faves! Happy SITS Sharefest Saturday!

    ReplyDelete